New Scholarship Encourages Students to Become Social Workers in Illinois Schools
The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) is pleased to announce availability of the 2022-23 Post-Master of Social Work School Social Work Professional Educator License Scholarship Program application.
- The Post-Master of Social Work School Social Work Professional Educator License Scholarship Program was designed to encourage students to become social workers in Illinois schools and to provide minority children with access to a greater number of positive minority role models, better reflecting the diversity of Illinois students.
- Scholarship assistance is available for qualifying licensed social workers, with master's degrees in social work, who wish to obtain an Illinois Professional Educator License with an Endorsement in School Social Work.
- Each scholarship pays tuition and mandatory fee costs for an academic year (including summer) at participating Illinois public universities, with priority given to minority applicants.
- To receive this scholarship, an applicant must agree to work as a social worker in an Illinois school.
- If this commitment is not fulfilled, the scholarship converts to a loan, which must be repaid with interest.
- 2022-23 awards will cover all terms of the 2022-23 academic year (fall 2022, spring 2023, and summer 2023) for which the applicant is eligible and enrolled.
- Priority consideration will be given to applications received at ISAC on or before Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
The following Post-Master of Social Work School Social Work Professional Educator License Scholarship Program resources are available at the ISAC website (isac.org).
If you have question regarding the Post-Master of Social Work School Social Work Professional Educator License Scholarship Program, or the application process, contact the ISAC Call Center.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for Counselors.