Update: 2021-22 ISAC Gift Assistance Programs
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance (ISAC) website (isac.org).
The following provides important updates regarding ISAC-administered gift assistance programs.
MTI Scholarship Certification
Effective today (Tuesday, May 18, 2021), colleges may certify eligibility for the 2021-22 Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship Program using the MTI system.
- Colleges are encouraged to continue certifying eligibility for MTI Scholars on a daily basis throughout the year, to ensure that your students will be included in any rounds of awarding that take place.
- Separate notification will not be sent when new records are made available in the MTI system.
- The schedule for awarding 2021-22 MTI Scholars will be dependent upon the status of the fiscal year 2022 state budget.
- All certification records available in the MTI system must be completed, regardless of whether the college certifies a student as eligible or ineligible and regardless of whether the student is currently enrolled.
- The only way applicants will receive notification from ISAC regarding their eligibility status is if their colleges have submitted the certification data via the MTI system.
- Specific details regarding the MTI system, including instructions for certifying eligibility and how to access reports, are provided via the MTI Electronic Processing page.
- The MTI system is available each day from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. (CT).
ING Grant Application and Eligibility Data
Interactive Application Available at Student Portal
- Effective today (Tuesday, May 18, 2021), the interactive application for the 2021-22 Illinois National Guard (ING) Grant Program is available for students to complete and submit online via the Program Applications & Status Checks area of the ISAC Student Portal.
- Eligible students may use the 2021-22 application to apply for the fall 2021, spring 2022 and summer 2022 terms, with October 1, 2021 being the application priority consideration date for full-year and fall-only awards.
ING Grant Eligibility Data Available
2021-22 ING Grant eligibility data is now available via the ING Grant system.
- The ING Grant eligibility data includes information for each applicant who has applied for the ING Grant with your institution listed as the college of record, and for whom the Department of Military Affairs in Illinois (DMAIL) has confirmed eligibility as of the "Certified Eligible" date.
- Specific details regarding the ING Grant system, including important reminders and guidelines, are provided at the ING Grant Electronic Processing page.
- The ING Grant system is available each day from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. (CT).
Reminder: Continue to Submit 2020-21 Benefit Usage Data
In order to ensure that students' accounts reflect accurate data, colleges should report 2020-21 ING Grant and Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) benefits used for all current and prior terms, including summer, as soon as possible. As indicated in a March 29 e-Message:
- spring-term benefit usage data for the 2020-21 IVG Program is due on or before Friday, May 28, 2021; and,
- summer-term benefit usage data for the 2020-21 ING Grant Program is due no later than the July 1, 2021 final close-out date.
Use the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs Access (GAP Access) portal to report enrollment hours and benefit dollar amounts for initial, in-district and out-of-district requests.
Grant Programs for Dependents of Police, Fire, and Correctional Officers Application
The application for the 2021-22 Grant Programs for Dependents of Police, Fire, and Correctional Officers (PFC) is anticipated to be available for students to access via the Applications page of the Students & Parents area on Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
Watch for future updates regarding 2021-22 gift assistance programs via our usual methods of communication (including the "Program News" pages within the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area, the FAA Message Board, and this e-Messaging service).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.