Save the Date & Call for Proposals – Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) Symposium
Brought to you by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)
Mark your calendars for ISAC's 3rd annual FAFSA Symposium taking place on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. The event is FREE of charge and will take place virtually.
The FAFSA Symposium provides an opportunity for schools to share best practices for supporting students in completing the FAFSA and the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid. Topics covered in this year's symposium will address the following themes:
- Navigating financial aid application completion amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
- Collaborating and leveraging partnerships to improve financial aid application completion
- Targeting support for high-need student populations
- Innovative strategies for increasing financial aid application completion
- Incorporating the family in the financial aid process: Strategies for parent outreach
- Resources to support financial aid application completion
This event will provide practitioners the opportunity to strengthen student support around financial aid application completion and highlight FAFSA completion efforts across the state. A symposium agenda and registration information will be available early this fall on the FAFSA Symposium website.
Call for Proposals: Due Friday, June 11, 2021 – Share Experiences and Resources
Practitioners are encouraged to share their experiences and resource by submitting a FAFSA Symposium session proposal. The FAFSA Symposium brings together a broad group of practitioners and offers professionals an opportunity to share best practices for financial aid application completion. ISAC welcomes session proposals that address one of the themes shared above.
Session details are as follows:
- Each session will be scheduled for 45 minutes
- Deadline – Priority consideration will be given to completed session proposal forms submitted by Friday, June 11th
- Non-Commercial Policy – Please note that sessions are to be non-commercial forums. Individuals should refrain from using brand names or endorsing specific products. Sessions are not to be used as a place for direct promotion of products and services.
- Presenter Compensation – The symposium does not provide any compensation for individuals accepted to serves as symposium presenters.
For questions about the FAFSA Symposium, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for Counselors.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.