2023-24 MAP Start-up Implemented
2023-24 Monetary Award Program (MAP) records – reflecting the start-up formula that was approved at the September 22, 2022 Commission meeting – are now available to access via the MAP system. Effective immediately, all 2023-24 Institutional Student Information Records (ISIRs) and Alternative Application Student Records received by ISAC through (including) Friday, October 7, 2022 are available with their accompanying eligibility status information. Daily processing of 2023-24 ISIR, Alternative Application, and eligibility status information has commenced.
- Following the 2022-23 MAP recompute formula, the 2023-24 start-up formula:
- uses 2021-22 reported tuition and fees;
- uses the 2021-22 Pell Grant Payment Schedule; and,
- has a maximum annual award amount of $7,200.
- The MAP system can be experienced best using the Google Chrome browser.
- The ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal, which includes the MAP system, is available each day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT).
More Information Available Online
- The MAP section within the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area reflects the 2023-24 start-up formula, including the 2023-24 Hand Calculation Forms – Start-up document.
- 2023-24 MAP 160 Byte File Layout Specifications and 2023-24 Alternative Application Student Record School File Layout Specifications may be accessed via the Electronic Tools area of the e-Library for Partners.
- Be sure to regularly visit the FAA Message Board and the MAP Program News page for new updates, and watch for future e-Messages from ISAC.
Notification to Applicants
- Colleges are required to announce MAP awards to eligible students enrolled at their institutions.
- Refer to the MAP Award Announcements page for details regarding college requirements, as well as a sample of the required 2023-24 school-issued award notification language.
- Although decreasing application volume and higher appropriations have resulted in fewer awards left in suspense status in recent years, colleges should still encourage students to submit the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) or the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (Alternative Application) as soon as possible.
- The 2023-24 priority deadline date for returning MAP recipients – the date on or before which eligible students who received MAP funds during the 2022-23 academic year must submit the 2023-24 FAFSA or Alternative Application in order to receive priority access to appropriated MAP funds – is Thursday, December 1, 2022.
- Encourage your students to visit the ISAC Student Portal to access these helpful resources:
- MAP Paid Credit Hours Display (located in the Program Applications & Status Checks area) – MAP grant recipients may use this option to track the number of MAP Paid Credit Hours they have remaining, and
- Student Resources Beyond Financial Aid (located in the Resources area) – students can find resources for food (including listings of Illinois food pantries on or near college campuses, as well as across the state), housing, medical care, child and dependent care assistance and consideration because of special circumstances.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.