2021-22 MAP: Mid-Year Recompute Implemented (GAP Access and ISAC Student Portals Available)
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
The following information is being shared to assist colleges in the administration of the Monetary Award Program (MAP).
MAP System Reflects Mid-Year Recompute Data
Effective immediately, the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal (including all program systems, such as MAP) and the ISAC Student Portal are again available. In addition, submission of pending File Transfer Protocol (FTP) files may resume.
The mid-year recompute (announced in an April 6 e-Message) has been implemented and 2021-22 MAP second- and third-term* award amounts have been increased as follows:
- second-term awards have been increased by six percent (6%) at semester schools, and
- second- and third-term awards have been increased by four-and-one-half percent (4.5%) at quarter schools.
*First-term award amounts are not impacted by the recompute.
- Payment requests (claims) submitted to ISAC prior to 5 p.m. on April 7, 2022, have been reprocessed to increase the award amount paid, including:
- second- and third-term claims submitted through the GAP Access portal
- second- and third-term claims submitted via FTP
- Colleges will receive payment and invoice information – reflecting the total amount of the increases for reprocessed records – through the normal process.
- Colleges may now access their ISAC-generated pre- and post-recompute Cumulative Payment Results Reports via the MAP system.
- Use these reports when reconciling records with your college's system.
- The reports will remain available through close-out of the 2021-22 academic year.
- Colleges may also generate their usual Payment Results Reports and Payment Results Extract Files.
- See the "Payment" chapter of the MAP User Guide for instructions on generating payment reports.
- All claims and adjustments submitted from this point forward will calculate under the recompute formula, with the 6%/4.5% increase to second/third term amounts.
- The 2021-22 maximum annual award is now $5,661.
- At semester institutions:
- The maximum award amount for the second (spring) semester is now $2,913.
- No change has been made to award amounts for the first (fall) semester (maximum remains $2,748).
- At quarter institutions:
- The maximum award amount for the second (winter) quarter is now $1,914.
- The maximum award amount for the third (spring) quarter is now $1,915.
- No change has been made to award amounts for the first (fall) quarter (maximum remains $1,832).
- At semester institutions:
- Claims were not reprocessed if:
- the college checked the override box and adjusted the award amount in the MAP system
- the record has an unresolved conflict
- the record is in "U" (updated) status and not submitted
- ISAC soon will provide guidance for "U" status claims that were not submitted prior to 5 p.m. on April 7.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.