2022-23 MTI and Golden Apple Payment
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
This message provides information regarding the 2022-23 payment cycle for the Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship Program and the Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program.
2022-23 MTI & Golden Apple First-Term Payment Requests Being Accepted
Submit First-Term Payment Requests
The first-term payment request deadline date for the 2022-23 MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple programs will be announced once determined.
- Colleges are always encouraged to submit payment requests as soon as they are able to do so.
- The timely submission of payment requests and cancellations/adjustments allows ISAC staff to monitor remaining funds and award other students, as applicable.
- By submitting a Golden Apple payment request, the institution is certifying that the Scholar is enrolled and continues to meet all eligibility requirements.
- If not submitting a payment request, the institution reports the reason for the student's ineligibility.
- The Golden Apple payment request process includes colleges providing each Scholar's academic level (e.g., Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior) via the "Academic Level" field.
- As stated in a September 7 e-Message, verification of the "Year in Program" value is part of the initial certification process completed by the Golden Apple Foundation.
- Each Golden Apple recipient's maximum annual award amount is based on the number of years that they have been a Golden Apple Scholar (i.e., "Year in Program"), not their academic level in college.
- Submitting MTI and Golden Apple payment requests is a two-step process, which involves generating the request (either individually or in a batch) and then submitting the request.
- MTI and Golden Apple results for payment requests received are provided via each program's online system (within the GAP Access portal).
- After submitting payment requests, colleges are encouraged to always review the Payment Results/Exceptions report that is available the next business day.
- Voucher data is sent via e-mail to financial aid directors as it becomes available.
- The disbursement of funds is processed by the State of Illinois Comptroller's Office.
- Because Payment Offset and Reconciliation procedures apply to MTI and Golden Apple, refund checks should not be sent for cancellations/adjustments made throughout the award year.
- Funds should only be returned to ISAC after a final reconciliation has been completed at the end of the regular school year.
More information regarding online payment functionality, including detailed instructions, is available at the following locations on ISAC's website:
GAP Access Reminders
- Please verify that the GAP Access Administrator at your college has established the appropriate MTI and Golden Apple system access level for all impacted staff.
- Instructions for establishing access to the appropriate system(s) may be found on the GAP Access page.
- Payment functionality is available each day between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT).
- Payment requests submitted by 7 p.m. (CT) will be included in that night's processing, with payment results available the next business day.
- Results for payment requests submitted after 7 p.m. (CT) will be included in the following night's processing.
Watch for Future Updates
Future program updates – including the first-term payment request deadline for the MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple programs, once determined – will be announced via ISAC's usual means of communication (e.g., the FAA Message Board, this e-Messaging system, and/or the MTI and Golden Apple "Program News" pages).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.