2022-23 MAP Claims for 1st & 2nd Terms Due March 10
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
The following information is being shared to assist colleges in the administration of the Monetary Award Program (MAP).
Submit 2022-23 MAP Claims for the First and Second Terms by March 10
Starting today (Wednesday, December 21, 2022), ISAC is accepting 2022-23 MAP payment requests (claims) for the second (spring) term. In addition, claims for the first (fall) term continue to be accepted.
- Colleges may submit first- and second-term claims by accessing the MAP system, as well as by File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- In order to be considered timely, the following 2022-23 MAP claims must be submitted no later than 7 p.m. (CT) on Friday, March 10, 2023.
- For second term:
- initial claims, and
- increases to previously-submitted claims.
- For first term:
- initial claims,
- increases to previously-submitted claims, and
- late claims (i.e., claims submitted after December 9, 2022).
- Results for first-term claims (late claims) that were being held are now available in the MAP system.
- For second term:
- Colleges are encouraged to submit all first- and second-term claims as soon as possible, keeping in mind that claims may be submitted no more than 10 days prior to the start of classes for the term for which they being requested.
- No suspension of 2022-23 MAP award announcements is scheduled at this time.
- ISAC will continue to monitor claim volume and appropriation levels, and will notify the financial aid community should 2022-23 MAP award announcements need to be suspended in the future.
- The disbursement of funds is processed by the State Comptroller's Office.
- Refer to the State Comptroller's Website page, located within the Processes section of the Financial Aid Administrators area, for information on how to track payment.
- Because Payment Offset and Reconciliation procedures apply to MAP, refund checks should not be sent for cancellations/adjustments made throughout the award year.
- Funds should only be returned to ISAC after a final reconciliation has been completed at the end of the regular school year.
- More information regarding payment functionality, including detailed instructions, is available at the following locations on ISAC's website:
- MAP Electronic Processing (including the "Payment" chapter of the MAP User Guide)
- 2022-23 MAP Payment (see the What's New section for information regarding a new report – available in the Reports section of the MAP system – that provides payment voucher and warrant information, dependent upon where the payment is in the process)
Watch for Future Updates
You will be notified via ISAC's usual communication methods (i.e., the MAP Program News page, the FAA Message Board, and this e-Messaging service) regarding any future 2022-23 MAP updates.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.