2019-20 MAP, ING Grant and IVG Updates
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
This message provides information regarding the 2019-20 payment cycle for the Monetary Award Program (MAP), as well as the benefits used reporting cycle for the Illinois National Guard (ING) Grant and Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) programs.
2019-20 MAP First-Term Payment Requests Being Accepted
Effective today (Monday, August 19, 2019), ISAC has initiated the 2019-20 MAP payment cycle by allowing first-term payment requests (i.e., claims) to be submitted. Colleges may now submit first-term claims by accessing the MAP system, as well as by File Transfer Protocol (FTP). From this point forward, first-term payment requests will be processed on a nightly basis as they are received from colleges, and then submitted to the State Comptroller for payment per standard operating procedures.
In order to be considered timely, 2019-20 MAP first-term claims must be submitted on or before Friday, December 6, 2019.
- When preparing 2019-20 payment requests, colleges are encouraged to keep in mind that ISAC has suspended the announcement of MAP grants for all students whose initial 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) was received by the Central Processing System (CPS) on or after May 27, 2019.
- Colleges will continue to receive MAP funds directly from the State Comptroller's Office.
- Please be sure to review the Payment Results/Exceptions report in the Reports section of the MAP system the day after submitting payment requests to see which requests, if any, did not process as expected.
- Any 2019-20 MAP payment requests that were submitted via FTP prior to August 19, 2019 will not be processed, and must be resubmitted by the college. In order to prevent having to resubmit data in the future, do not submit payment requests via FTP until after ISAC announces it is accepting claims for that academic year.
Resources Available Online
Details regarding the MAP payment processing cycle are available:
- in the "Payment" chapter of the MAP User Guide, which is located in the MAP Electronic Processing section of the Financial Aid Administrators Processes area, and
- in the MAP Payment section of the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area.
2019-20 ING Grant and IVG Benefits Used Data Being Accepted
Benefit usage data is currently being accepted for the 2019-20 ING Grant fall term and the 2019-20 IVG summer term.
In order to be considered timely:
- IVG benefit usage data for the summer term must be submitted on or before Friday, September 27, 2019; and,
- ING Grant benefit usage data for the fall term must be submitted on or before Friday, December 6, 2019.
- Benefit usage data for the ING Grant and IVG programs is submitted to ISAC by colleges via the benefit usage functionality within each program's system, allowing colleges to report students' enrollment hours and benefit dollar amounts for initial, in-district and out-of-district requests.
- Although ISAC is not able to reimburse institutions for 2019-20 ING Grant or IVG awards, reporting of benefits used must still take place so that usage can be accurately reflected on students' accounts.
- 160-byte file layout specifications for the 2019-20 ING Grant and IVG programs, describing the file layout to be used to send data for each program via FTP, are available within the Electronic Tools section of the e-Library for Partners.
- Any 2019-20 benefit usage data that was submitted via FTP prior to ISAC announcing it is accepting that data will not be processed, and must be resubmitted by the college. In order to prevent having to resubmit data in the future, do not submit benefit usage data via FTP until after ISAC announces it is accepting the data for that academic year.
Resources Available Online
More information, including detailed instructions, is available at the following locations:
- ING Grant
GAP Access Reminders
- Please verify that the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access Administrator at your college has established the appropriate program system (MAP, ING Grant and/or IVG) access level for all impacted staff. Instructions for establishing access to the appropriate system(s) may be found on the GAP Access page.
- A valid GAP Access user ID and password are required in order to submit files via ISAC’s Secure File Transfer System (located at https://transfer.isac.org/). As a result, encryption (password protection) of files is not necessary.
- Additional information and instructions are provided in the FTP Process Using GAP Access Credentials Guide.
Watch for Future Updates
Future program updates, including the deadline to report benefit usage data for the 2019-20 IVG fall term, will be announced via ISAC's usual means of communication (e.g., the FAA Message Board, this e-Messaging system, and the MAP, ING Grant, and IVG "Program News" pages).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.