2019-20 MTI & Golden Apple Payment Processing
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
As previously indicated, 2019-20 awards have been announced for the Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship Program and the Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program (further details are provided in e-Messages dated September 4 and September 9). Colleges may view a student's award status by accessing the MTI and Golden Apple components of the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal.
Payment Processing Has Begun
Initial payment request records are available online via the MTI and Golden Apple systems within GAP Access, allowing 2019-20 payment processing to commence for these programs.
With MTI and Golden Apple payment processing transitioning to GAP Access for the 2019-20 award year, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- School staff must have the appropriate level of access in order to submit payment requests in GAP Access. The school's primary administrator or a designated administrator is responsible for authorizing access levels.
- Submitting payment requests in GAP Access is a two-step process, which involves generating the request (either individually or in a batch) and then submitting the request.
- Because the Golden Apple Foundation completes certification for Golden Apple recipients, any adjustment to a student's academic level during the award year that would impact a student's award amount must be reported to the Golden Apple Foundation so that they can update the student's certification record. Once the certification record has been updated, the school will be able to submit a payment request for the updated award amount. The contact person at the Foundation is Cheryl Flores (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- MTI and Golden Apple results for payment requests received will be available via each program's online system (at GAP Access). After vouchers are generated, they are sent via e-mail to financial aid directors.
- The disbursement of funds will be processed by the State Comptroller's Office. Refer to the State Comptroller's Website page, located within the Processes section of the Financial Aid Administrators area, for information on how to track payment.
- Because Payment Offset and Reconciliation procedures now apply to the MTI and Golden Apple programs, schools should not send refund checks for cancellations/adjustments made throughout the award year. Funds should only be returned to ISAC after a final reconciliation has been completed at the end of the regular school year.
- Although specific payment deadlines have not been established for these programs, schools are always encouraged to submit payment requests as soon as they are able to do so. Schools submitting payment requests and cancellations/adjustments in a timely manner allows ISAC staff to monitor remaining funds and award other students, as applicable.
- MTI and Golden Apple payment functionality is available each day between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT).
- MTI and Golden Apple payment requests submitted by 7 p.m. (CT) will be included in that night's processing, with payment results available the next business day.
- Results for payment requests submitted after 7 p.m. (CT) will be included in the following night's processing.
More information regarding online payment functionality, including detailed instructions, is available at the following locations on ISAC's website:
Watch for Future Updates
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.