GAP Access Available, and MAP Updates
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
GAP Access Available
Submit Second Term MAP Claims by March 6
The ISAC staff continues to monitor fiscal year 2020 (FY20) appropriation levels and claim rates.
- Consistent with last year's timeframe, the 2019-20 MAP second term priority claim deadline date is Friday, March 6, 2020.
- All 2019-20 MAP grants for eligible students with initial Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) receipt dates on or after May 27, 2019, remain in suspense status.
- Colleges will be notified if ongoing analysis warrants changes to the claim deadline or suspense dates.
- Specific details regarding the payment process are provided in the MAP Payment area, as well as in the "Payment" chapter of the MAP User Guide.
- NOTE: The MAP User Guide soon will be updated to reflect the elimination of the 75-hour cap. In the meantime, the existing version of the user guide accurately reflects the MAP payment process.
As a result of the Retention of Illinois Students and Equity (RISE) Act, the cap of 75 MAP Paid Credit Hours for freshman and sophomore students was eliminated effective January 1, 2020, and – starting with the spring 2020 term – all corresponding edits have been removed from the MAP system (edits for the fall 2019 and earlier terms will continue to display).
- Because removal of the limit took effect in the middle of the 2019-20 academic year, some students who were not MAP-eligible in the fall 2019 term now may be eligible for spring-term awards.
- A list of potentially impacted students can be obtained by creating a report within the MAP system by:
- using the "Reports" tab and clicking on "Create a New Report",
- selecting "MAP Paid Credit Hours" from the list of report types, and
- entering a range of the number of MAP paid credit hours.
- Student records previously designated as ineligible [V code (reached 75 MAP paid credit hours)] within the MAP system should be reviewed and, if applicable, submitted for spring-term payment.
Watch for Future Updates
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.