2019-20 Spring Term Claims & Benefit Usage
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
GAP Access Available
Following a brief outage that allowed necessary system updates to be implemented, the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal – which includes the electronic processing systems for the Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship, Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois, Illinois National Guard (ING) Grant and Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) programs – is again open and available for use.
Submit 2019-20 Claims/Benefit Usage Data for the Spring (Second) Term
Colleges are encouraged to submit second-term certifications and payment requests (claims) for the 2019-20 MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple programs, as well as second-term benefit usage data for the 2019-20 ING Grant and IVG programs, as soon as possible.
The following reminders are provided to assist colleges in the administration of these programs.
MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple
- Submitting claims is a two-step process, which involves generating the request (either individually or in a batch) and then submitting the request.
- Because the Golden Apple Foundation completes certification for Golden Apple recipients, any adjustment to a student's academic level during the award year that would impact a student's award amount must be reported to the Golden Apple Foundation so that they can update the student's certification record. Once the certification record has been updated, the college will be able to submit a claim for the updated award amount. The contact person at the Foundation is Cheryl Flores (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple results for claims received will be available via each program's electronic processing system. After vouchers are generated, they are sent via e-mail to financial aid directors.
- The disbursement of funds is processed by the State Comptroller's Office. Refer to the State Comptroller's Website page, located within the Processes section of the Financial Aid Administrators area, for information on how to track payment.
- Because Payment Offset and Reconciliation procedures apply to the MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple programs, refund checks should not be sent for cancellations/adjustments made throughout the award year. Funds should only be returned to ISAC after a final reconciliation has been completed at the end of the regular school year.
- Colleges submitting claims and cancellations/adjustments in a timely manner allows ISAC staff to monitor remaining funds and award other students, as applicable.
- The MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple systems are available each day between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT).
- MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple claims submitted by 7 p.m. (CT) will be included in that night's processing, with payment results available the next business day.
- Results for claims submitted after 7 p.m. (CT) will be included in the following night's processing.
- More information regarding online certification (for the MTI Scholarship Program) and payment functionality (for both programs), including detailed instructions, is available at the following locations on ISAC's website:
ING Grant and IVG
- Benefit usage data for the ING Grant and IVG programs is submitted to ISAC by colleges via the benefit usage functionality within each program's system, allowing colleges to report students' enrollment hours and benefit dollar amounts for initial, in-district and out-of-district requests.
- Although ISAC is not able to reimburse institutions for 2019-20 ING Grant or IVG awards, reporting of benefits used must still take place so that usage can be accurately reflected on students' accounts.
- The IVG and ING Grant systems are available each day between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT).
- 160-byte file layout specifications for the 2019-20 ING Grant and IVG programs, describing the file layout to be used to send data for each program via FTP, are available within the Electronic Tools section of the e-Library for Partners.
- More information, including detailed instructions, is available at the following locations:
Watch for Future Updates
Future program updates – including announcement of submission deadlines for second-term claims and benefit usage data – will be shared with colleges via ISAC's standard methods of communication, including: the MTI Scholarship, Golden Apple, ING Grant and IVG "Program News" areas; the FAA Message Board; and, this e-Messaging service.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.