2020-21 MTI Scholarship Update
Certify Eligibility for MTI Scholarships
Effective today (Monday, April 20, 2020), colleges may certify eligibility for the 2020-21 Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship Program using the MTI system [which is accessed via the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal].
As a reminder, the Golden Apple Foundation certifies eligibility for the Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program. The college's role for the Golden Apple Scholars program starts with payment processing.
Continue Certifying Eligibility Throughout the Year
- Colleges are encouraged to continue certifying eligibility for MTI Scholars on a daily basis.
- Separate notification will not be sent when new records are made available in the MTI system.
- All certification records available in the MTI system must be completed, regardless of whether the college certifies a student as eligible or ineligible and regardless of whether the student is currently enrolled.
- The only way applicants will receive notification from ISAC regarding their eligibility status is if their colleges have submitted the certification data via the MTI system.
- Continue certifying eligibility throughout the year, in order to ensure that your students will be included in any rounds of awarding that take place.
- The schedule for awarding 2020-21 MTI Scholars will be dependent upon the status of the fiscal year 2021 state budget.
Specific details regarding the MTI system, including instructions for certifying eligibility and how to access reports, are provided via the MTI Electronic Processing page.
The MTI system is available each day from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. (CT).
Accessing the MTI System
The GAP Access Primary Administrator (typically, the financial aid director) must set MTI privileges for financial aid staff who need to view and/or edit data in the MTI system.
- Instructions for setting user privileges are provided in the following GAP Access user guides:
- Questions regarding setting user privileges may be directed to ISAC's School Services Department.
Watch for Future Updates
Watch for future 2020-21 updates from ISAC – including information regarding MTI awarding, and payment processing for the MTI and Golden Apple Scholars programs – via our usual methods of communication (including the MTI Scholarship and Golden Apple Scholars "Program News" areas, the FAA Message Board, and this e-Messaging service).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.