MAP Advising Data Collection Opens – Due August 7
Each year, institutions must submit to ISAC information about their Monetary Award Program (MAP) recipients. The 2020 collection period for MAP Advising data has opened and colleges may now submit the required information through the Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal. There have been no changes from past years to the submission process, through which the following will be reported:
- available advising and support programs (for the 2019-20 academic year) and
- course completion data (for the 2018-19 academic year).
The 2020 MAP Advising data is due by August 7, 2020.
Tips for Submitting MAP Advising Data
- All MAP Advising reporting – advising and support programs and course completion rates – is done via a survey-style format through the GAP Access portal.
- Pay special attention to on-screen instructions that identify the academic year about which the data must be provided.
- Advising and support program description fields are pre-populated with previously submitted information, so only updates and any new programs need to be submitted.
- The only recipient-specific data that needs to be submitted is the number of completed/attempted hours. We obtain graduation and retention rates from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Community colleges do not need to report course completion rates because we secure this data from the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB). The course completion rate tables appear in GAP Access for all school types, but need not be completed by community colleges.
- Guidance to assist in reporting data is available in the MAP Advising Data Collection User Guide, accessible through the GAP Access page of the website.
MAP Advising Support Programs Search Tool
Information reported about colleges' available advising and support programs, including links for the college website pages where the individual advising/support programs appear, is available through the MAP Advising Support Programs Search Tool. The searchable/filterable database tool, accessible through the MAP Advising area of ISAC's website, is updated annually and contains results from previous collections of advising and support programs being provided to MAP recipients. You may find this information useful in enhancing your advising and support programs. The data, along with completion, retention and graduation rate data, is used when communicating MAP's positive outcomes to the Illinois legislature.
Questions regarding the data elements and survey submission may be directed to the ISAC Research, Planning and Policy Analysis division at email@example.com.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.