2019-20 MAP Updates
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
The following information is being provided to assist colleges in the close-out process for the 2019-20 Monetary Award Program (MAP).
- Continue to report adjustments for all terms – including initial payment requests (claims), increases and decreases to previously-submitted claims, and cancellations.
- You will be notified when initial claims and increases to previously-submitted claims are no longer being accepted.
- Once finalized, information regarding the potential release of late claims will be shared via the usual means of communication (e.g., ISAC's e-Messaging service, the FAA Message Board, and the MAP Program News page).
- Cancellations and decreases to previously-submitted claims will continue to be accepted through (including) Friday, August 7, 2020.
- Colleges are encouraged to complete the process of reconciling 2019-20 MAP data.
- Timely reconciliation by colleges will assist ISAC staff in analyzing claim data and monitoring funding levels from the fiscal year 2020 MAP appropriation to determine whether sufficient funds will be available to pay late claims.
- In order to facilitate a smooth close-out to the 2019-20 MAP processing cycle, only data reconciliation activities should take place at this time.
- As part of the MAP payment offset process, new claims are compared to outstanding amounts owed to ISAC, and payment is made accordingly.
- Any release of late claims (if applicable) would also impact the outstanding amounts owed to ISAC.
- As part of the payment offset process, timely processing of cancellations and decreases will affect your institution's 2019-20 MAP "Due to ISAC" amount.
- After ISAC determines that all payment processing is final, colleges with an outstanding amount owed to ISAC will receive an e-mail notice indicating the total amount to be returned. Until then, no funds should be returned to ISAC.
- 2019-20 MAP data will become available for historical view only on Saturday, August 8, 2020.
- As a reminder, reports continue to be available for colleges to access after data has been moved to historical view.
- Notifications detailing the 2019-20 MAP "Due to ISAC" amount are anticipated to be sent to financial aid directors on August 18, 2020.
- Funds should not be returned to ISAC until after a "Due to ISAC" notification has been received.
- Upon receipt of the "Due to ISAC" notification, please review the information and return the appropriate amount to ISAC as soon as possible, using the Gift Assistance Programs Refund Check Form (which is available within the Refunds and Unpaid Claims portion of the Financial Aid Administrators – Processes area).
- Be sure to provide all information requested on the form, including the term(s) for which funds are being returned.
Reductions to MPCHs Due to COVID-19
- ISAC will soon provide guidance on the MAP system change that will allow for adjustments to MAP Paid Credit Hours (MPCHs) when changes in a student's enrollment were made due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- MPCH processing adjustments will be for the 2019-20 academic year only.
- Watch for more information in a future e-Message.
Colleges are encouraged to regularly visit the MAP Program News page for updates regarding this program.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.