2020-21 ISAC Administrative Rules Available
The 2020-21 ISAC Administrative Rules, effective July 1, 2020, are now available for reference at the ISAC website. The rules are accessible in two locations:
- in the e-Library of isac.org, by clicking on #4, Administrative Rules, and
- in the About ISAC area of isac.org, by clicking on Administrative Rules
Amendments were made to five Parts this year: Illinois National Guard (ING) Grant Program, Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) Program, Monetary Award Program (MAP), Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program and AIM HIGH Grant Pilot Program. Additionally, a new Part was added – Adult Vocational Community College Scholarship Program – to establish rules for the program that was newly created during the 2019 legislative session. It should be noted, however, that funding for the Adult Vocational program was not included in the FY21 state operating budget. As a result, although rules were established, there will be no program activity in the year that began on July 1.
While some of the amendments were of an administrative nature for purposes of clarity, more substantive amendments were made to these areas.
- For both the ING and IVG programs (2730 and 2733), language was revised to indicate that – for any student who chooses to utilize Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, and regardless of the student's percentage of eligibility for those benefits – the institution must first apply the Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to the student's award.
- The priority claim dates for the IVG Program (2733) were updated to reflect current deadlines.
- The MAP rules (2735) were updated with the requirement to announce students' MAP eligibility using ISAC-provided award notification language, and to notify students of any award eligibility change during the academic year.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.