2020-21 IVG & ING Grant Benefit Usage
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
IVG and ING Grant Benefits Used Data Being Accepted
Effective August 26, 2020, ISAC is accepting benefit usage data for the 2020-21 IVG summer and fall terms, and for the 2020-21 ING Grant fall term.
In order to be considered timely:
- IVG benefit usage data for the summer term must be submitted on or before Wednesday, September 30, 2020;
- IVG benefit usage data for the fall term must be submitted on or before Thursday, December 31, 2020; and,
- ING Grant benefit usage data for the fall term must be submitted on or before Friday, December 11, 2020.
- Benefit usage data for the IVG and ING Grant programs is submitted to ISAC by colleges via the benefit usage functionality within each program's system. Colleges report enrollment hours and dollar amounts for initial, in-district and out-of-district benefit usage by students, as well as adjustments to previously-submitted data.
- Although ISAC is not able to reimburse institutions for 2020-21 IVG or ING Grant awards, reporting of benefits used must still take place so that usage can be accurately reflected on students' accounts.
- 160-byte file layout specifications for the 2020-21 IVG and ING Grant, describing the file layout to be used to send data for each program via FTP, are available within the Electronic Tools section of the e-Library for Partners.
- Colleges are encouraged to regularly check their Benefits Results report for each program. Further details are provided in the IVG and ING Grant user guides.
Resources Available Online
More information, including detailed instructions, is available at the following locations:
- ING Grant
GAP Access Reminders
- Please verify that the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access Administrator at your college has established the appropriate program system (IVG and/or ING Grant) access level for all impacted staff. Instructions for establishing access to the appropriate system(s) may be found on the GAP Access page.
- The two-factor authentication process requires a valid user ID, password and single-use verification code each time a user logs in to the GAP Access portal.
- A valid GAP Access user ID and password are required in order to submit files via ISAC’s Secure File Transfer System (located at https://transfer.isac.org/). As a result, encryption (password protection) of files is not necessary.
- Additional information and instructions are provided in the FTP Process Using GAP Access Credentials Guide.
Watch for Future Updates
Future updates regarding ISAC's military programs will be announced via our usual means of communication (i.e., the FAA Message Board, this e-Messaging system, and/or the IVG and ING Grant "Program News" pages).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.