Teacher Program Enrollment Verification Update
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
2019-2020 Enrollment Verification Data Due December 18
(Functionality Now Available via GAP Access)
Effective today, the functionality for reporting enrollment verification data, for students who previously received funds from ISAC-administered teacher programs, has transitioned from My Zone to the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal. No functional or operational changes have been made – the platform used to report the data has simply changed.
- Beginning today – Thursday, November 19, 2020 – enrollment verification data for the Illinois Special Education Teacher Tuition Waiver (SETTW) Program and the Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship Program is available via the GAP Access portal.
- Data is to be completed by the college and returned to ISAC as soon as possible, verifying award recipients' current enrollment status. All data must be submitted on or before Friday, December 18, 2020.
- As a reminder, ISAC monitors recipients' fulfillment of the program requirements because, if recipients fail to meet the applicable requirements, their awards convert to loans that must be repaid. Knowing recipients' enrollment status, as reported by the colleges, allows ISAC to communicate with recipients who have graduated (or otherwise stopped attending college) regarding the steps they need to take in order to fulfill program requirements. The sooner colleges submit enrollment verification data to ISAC, the sooner ISAC can communicate with impacted award recipients.
Reporting Enrollment Status
- For the MTI Scholarship Program:
- From the MTI system "Home" page within GAP Access, select the prior academic year (in this case, "2019-2020") from the "Academic Year" drop-down menu, and then click on the "Enrollment Status Verification" tab.
- If "2020-2021" is selected as the academic year for MTI, the "Enrollment Status Verification" listing will be blank.
- The reason the academic year must be selected for enrollment verification is that other functionalities (for example, certification and payment) also reside in the MTI system.
- For the Illinois SETTW Program:
- Because this is the first year that the SETTW system has appeared in the GAP Access portal, and enrollment verification is currently the only functionality for this program, the academic year does not need to be selected. All SETTW screens currently default to "2019-2020."
- Colleges must submit Tuition Waiver Conversion (TWC) data for all SETTW recipients who are not enrolled or are no longer eligible to receive the waiver. Further instructions for submitting TWC data via the SETTW system are provided in the Enrollment Status Verification for the Teacher Programs User Guide.
- Data should be reported based on each student's last date of enrollment in the required teaching program.
- If the "Enrollment Status" is anything other than "In School," the "Effective Date" also must be provided. A listing of valid "Enrollment Status" options may be found in the Enrollment Status Verification for the Teacher Programs User Guide.
- If the student remains enrolled in the required teaching program for 2020-2021, indicate such with the "In School" status; those students will continue to appear with future-year data.
Reminder: In order for staff to view enrollment status verification data, the institution's GAP Access administrator must ensure that access to this functionality has been granted (both for themselves and other staff, as appropriate). Further details regarding this process are provided in the "Security Access" section that appears at the bottom of this message.
Making Revisions After Data Has Been Submitted
Enrollment status verification data is available to be updated only if the information has not yet been submitted to ISAC. Colleges must contact School Services for changes that need to be made after the data has been submitted.
Resources Available Online
Further details and instructions regarding the enrollment verification process may be accessed by selecting the appropriate links below:
- Enrollment Status Verification
- Enrollment Status Verification for the Teacher Programs User Guide
- Program Requirements
GAP Access User Guides provide institutions with step-by-step instructions for activating and monitoring user accounts. All users need a valid GAP Access ID and password to access the system. ISAC relies on a designated Primary Administrator (usually, the Financial Aid Director) at each institution to authorize users and provide them with the appropriate level of access for each ISAC program. Note that, because the Illinois SETTW Program is new to GAP Access, user privileges will need to be updated to include this program.
Enrollment verification functionality for the teacher programs is available each day between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.