2020-21 MAP Payment Updates
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
The following information is being shared to assist colleges in the administration of the 2020-21 Monetary Award Program (MAP).
Second-Term MAP Payment Processing Now Open
(Claims due by March 5)
- ISAC is accepting 2020-21 MAP payment requests (claims) for the second term.
- Consistent with last year's timeframe, the 2020-21 MAP second-term priority claim deadline date is Friday, March 5, 2021.
- The announcement of all 2020-21 MAP grants for eligible students with Central Processing System (CPS) Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) receipt dates, or initial ISAC Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid receipt dates, on or after August 1, 2020, remain in suspense status.
- Specific details regarding the payment process are provided in the MAP Payment area, as well as in the "Payment" chapter of the MAP User Guide.
- The ISAC staff continues to monitor fiscal year 2021 (FY21) appropriation levels and claim rates.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic's impact on both revenue and expenditures for the State of Illinois, future adjustments to FY21 appropriations are possible.
- Until such time as any necessary adjustments are announced, we will proceed with "business as usual" operations.
- Colleges will be notified if ongoing analysis warrants changes to the claim deadline or suspense dates.
Payment of First-Term Late Claims
Following the recently-announced limited release of 2020-21 MAP award announcements in suspense status, we are pleased to inform you that late first-term claims are being paid and will continue to be paid through the second-term priority claim deadline of March 5, 2021.
Watch for Future Updates
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.