Reminder: Submit All 2020-21 MAP Claims No Later than May 7
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
The following information is being shared to assist colleges in the administration of the Monetary Award Program (MAP).
2020-21 MAP Claims for All Terms Due May 7
As originally announced in a March 15 e-Message, 2020-21 MAP payment requests (i.e., claims) are being accepted for payment via the MAP system and by File Transfer Protocol (FTP). All claims are due on or before Friday, May 7, 2021. This includes:
- late and newly-released claims for the first term;
- late and newly-released claims for the second term; and
- claims for the third quarter (or the second semester if the institution's second semester begins after February 15).
ISAC strongly encourages all institutions to continue submitting initial claims, as well as increases to previously-paid claims, so that we will have the data needed to determine whether late claims (i.e., claims submitted after May 7) can be released for payment.
Colleges are also encouraged to continue the process of reconciling 2020-21 MAP data, which assists ISAC staff in determining whether sufficient funds will be available to pay late claims. Remember, due to the payment offset process, only data reconciliation activities should take place at this time. After ISAC determines that all payment processing is final, colleges with an outstanding amount owed to ISAC will receive an e-mail notice indicating the total amount to be returned. Until then, no funds should be returned to ISAC.
Beginning May 8 (for all terms):
- ISAC will only process requests to decrease previously-paid award amounts.
- Initial claims and requests to increase previously-paid award amounts will be held as late.
When submitting 2020-21 MAP claims, please remember the following:
- Announcements of 2020-21 MAP grants remain in suspense status for all eligible students with initial Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) or Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid receipt dates on or after August 23, 2020.
- The MAP Payment page, located within the MAP section of the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area, provides specific details regarding the claims process.
Watch for Future Updates
Watch for the latest 2020-21 MAP updates – including a future determination regarding whether late claims will be paid – via the FAA Message Board, the MAP Program News area and ISAC's e-Messaging service.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org