2020-21 Year-End Program Updates
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
The following information is being provided to assist colleges with year-end processing for the ISAC-administered programs referenced below.
- All 2020-21 MAP late payment requests (claims) received at ISAC through (including) Thursday, July 8, 2021 have been released for payment and results are now available in the MAP system.
- Information regarding how to access payment results is provided in the "Payment" chapter of the MAP User Guide.
- ISAC will continue to accept 2020-21 MAP initial claims and increases to previously-submitted claims for all terms through (including) Thursday, July 15, 2021.
- ISAC will notify colleges if sufficient MAP funds remain available to pay late claims submitted through July 15.*
- Adjustments to cancel or reduce previously-submitted MAP claims will continue to be accepted through (including) Friday, August 6, 2021.
- Effective Monday, August 9, 2021, 2020-21 data in the MAP system will become available for historical view only.**
* Continue Reconciling MAP Data to Assist with Analysis of Available Funds
Colleges are encouraged to continue the process of reconciling 2020-21 MAP data, which assists ISAC staff in determining whether sufficient funds will be available to pay additional late claims. Remember, due to the payment offset process, only data reconciliation activities should take place at this time. After ISAC determines that all payment processing is final, colleges with an outstanding amount owed to ISAC will receive an e-mail notice indicating the total amount to be returned. Until then, no funds should be returned to ISAC.
- The ING Grant system will continue to accept 2020-21 benefit usage data for all terms through (including) Friday, August 6, 2021.
- Effective Monday, August 9, 2021, 2020-21 data in the ING Grant system will become available for historical view only.**
- The IVG system will continue to accept 2020-21 benefit usage data for all terms through (including) Friday, August 6, 2021.
- Effective Monday, August 9, 2021, 2020-21 data in the IVG system will become available for historical view only.**
** As a reminder, reports continue to be available for colleges to access after data has been moved to historical view. However, after submitting claims or adjustments, colleges are encouraged to always review the Payment/Benefits Results Exceptions report that is available the next business day.
- 2020-21 PFC summer-term payment vouchers are anticipated to be e-mailed to colleges during the week of July 12, 2021.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.