|Messages sent to:||Multiple Subscription Groups|
Welcome to the October 2018 ISAC Update for financial aid administrators and business officers. This version of the electronic ISAC Update is a compilation of e-Messages sent through ISAC's e-Messaging service throughout October.
The articles in this Update have been organized according to the FAA subscription groups to which the messages were distributed.
Messages denoted by an asterisk (*) were not sent through the e-Messaging subscription service due to system issues.
Questions regarding information in this ISAC Update can be directed to School Services at 866.247.2172 or at email@example.com. On occasion, you may be directed to a specific contact person or area; when this occurs, we will provide the appropriate information in the individual article or message.
Upcoming ISAC Webinars
Sent to Financial Aid Directors, Financial Aid Administrators, Public Schools - Participating in the ING Grant and IVG Programs, MAP Users, Business Officers, and FFELP Administrators on October 30, 2018.
The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) will offer the following webinars for financial aid administrators during the last quarter of 2018:
- Wednesday, October 31 at 2 p.m. – ISAC Fall Processing Update
- Wednesday, November 28 at 2 p.m. – An Overview of ISAC's Military Programs
- Wednesday, December 19 at 2 p.m. – An Overview of ISAC's Teacher Programs
To participate in these webinars, visit the Partner Training page in the e-Library at isac.org to access the webinar link and presentation materials, both of which will be posted on the day of the session. Registration is not required for the webinars, and any questions you would like a webinar to address may be submitted via e-mail to Kimberly.Eck@illinois.gov prior to the session.
ISAC Strategic Planning Survey (Please Respond by November 9)
Sent to Financial Aid Directors, Financial Aid Administrators, MAP Users, and Business Officers on October 29, 2018.
The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) is currently engaged in a strategic planning process and, as a valued partner, we are seeking your input so we can continue to improve our service to all constituents.
We invite you to share your experiences with and perspective about ISAC services and staff in a brief survey. The survey will take only about 10 minutes to complete, and all responses will remain anonymous. To take the survey, simply click on this link:
The survey will remain open through Friday, November 9 at 5 p.m. CST. Your opinions are important to us, so we thank you in advance for your feedback.
Please send questions regarding the survey to ISAC.RPPASurveys@illinois.gov.
Implementation of 2019-20 MAP Start-up - Anticipated for October 10*
Posted on isac.org for Financial Aid Directors, Financial Aid Administrators, MAP Users, and Business Officers on October 9, 2018.
*The below message was not sent through the e-Messaging subscription service.
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
At or before 12 p.m. CT (noon) on Wednesday (October 10, 2018), 2019-20 Monetary Award Program (MAP) data – reflecting the start-up formula that was approved at the September 13, 2018 Commission meeting – is anticipated to be available to access via the MAP system. At that time, all 2019-20 Institutional Student Information Records (ISIRs) received by ISAC through (including) Tuesday, October 9, 2018 will be available with their accompanying eligibility status information, and daily processing of 2019-20 ISIR and eligibility status information will commence.
- The MAP system [a component of the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal] works best using Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher.
- The GAP Access portal, including the MAP system, is available each day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT).
- When applying the 2019-20 start-up formula, the maximum annual award amount for the MAP grant is being reduced by 2%, which makes the effective maximum $4,869.00.
More Information Available Online
- The MAP section within the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area has been updated with the 2019-20 start-up formula.
- Details regarding calculating a term award for both semester and quarter schools, and guidance regarding rounding, are also available.
- 2019-20 MAP 160 Byte File Layout Specifications may be accessed via the Electronic Tools area of the e-Library.
- Be sure to regularly visit the MAP Program News page for new updates, and watch for future communications from ISAC.
Notification to Applicants
- Colleges are required to announce MAP awards to eligible students enrolled at their institutions.
- Refer to the MAP Award Announcements page for details regarding college requirements, as well as samples of the required award letter language and ISAC-generated notifications.
- ISAC will mail letters only to students who are in a default status on an ISAC-guaranteed student loan.
- A copy of the Default Resolution Options document, outlining how to regain federal and state student aid eligibility, is enclosed with each Default Status notification.
- Notifications are dated and mailed after ISAC processes ISIRs.
- Given the likelihood that 2019-20 MAP award announcements will need to be suspended at some point during the processing cycle, it is recommended that colleges remind students to submit the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) – which became available on October 1 – as soon as possible.
- Encourage your students to visit the ISAC Student Portal to access these helpful resources:
- MAP Estimator (located in the Toolbox area) – students planning to attend an Illinois college may use this tool to get an idea of their eligibility for the MAP grant, and
- MAP Paid Credit Hours Display (located in the ISAC Programs area) – MAP grant recipients may use this option to track the number of MAP Paid Credit Hours they have used to date.