|Messages sent to:||Multiple Subscription Groups|
Welcome to the April 2021 ISAC Update for financial aid administrators and business officers. This version of the electronic ISAC Update is a compilation of e-Messages sent through ISAC's e-Messaging service throughout April.
The articles in this Update have been organized according to the FAA subscription groups to which the messages were distributed.
Questions regarding information in this ISAC Update can be directed to School Services at 866.247.2172 or at email@example.com. On occasion, you may be directed to a specific contact person or area; when this occurs, we will provide the appropriate information in the individual article or message.
Reminder: Submit All 2020-21 MAP Claims No Later than May 7
Sent to Financial Aid Directors, Financial Aid Administrators, MAP Users, and Business Officers on April 28, 2021.
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
As originally announced in a March 15 e-Message, 2020-21 MAP payment requests (i.e., claims) are being accepted for payment via the MAP system and by File Transfer Protocol (FTP). All claims are due on or before Friday, May 7, 2021. This includes:
- late and newly-released claims for the first term;
- late and newly-released claims for the second term; and
- claims for the third quarter (or the second semester if the institution's second semester begins after February 15).
ISAC strongly encourages all institutions to continue submitting initial claims, as well as increases to previously-paid claims, so that we will have the data needed to determine whether late claims (i.e., claims submitted after May 7) can be released for payment.
Colleges are also encouraged to continue the process of reconciling 2020-21 MAP data, which assists ISAC staff in determining whether sufficient funds will be available to pay late claims. Remember, due to the payment offset process, only data reconciliation activities should take place at this time. After ISAC determines that all payment processing is final, colleges with an outstanding amount owed to ISAC will receive an e-mail notice indicating the total amount to be returned. Until then, no funds should be returned to ISAC.
Beginning May 8 (for all terms):
- ISAC will only process requests to decrease previously-paid award amounts.
- Initial claims and requests to increase previously-paid award amounts will be held as late.
When submitting 2020-21 MAP claims, please remember the following:
- Announcements of 2020-21 MAP grants remain in suspense status for all eligible students with initial Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) or Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid receipt dates on or after August 23, 2020.
- The MAP Payment page, located within the MAP section of the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area, provides specific details regarding the claims process.
Watch for Future Updates
Watch for the latest 2020-21 MAP updates – including a future determination regarding whether late claims will be paid – via the FAA Message Board, the MAP Program News area and ISAC's e-Messaging service.
Upcoming ISAC Webinars
Sent to Financial Aid Directors, Financial Aid Administrators, Public Schools – Participating in the ING Grant and IVG Programs, MAP Users, Business Officers, and FFELP Administrators on April 22, 2021.
The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) will offer the following webinars for financial aid administrators during the second quarter of 2021:
- April 28 at 2 p.m. – ISAC Operational Update and Review of the Budget Reporting Process
- May 26 at 2 p.m. – A Review of ISAC's Teacher Programs and an Operational Update
- June 30 at 2 p.m. – ISAC Program Review Process and Common Findings
To participate in these webinars, visit the Partner Training page in the e-Library at isac.org to access the webinar link and presentation materials, both of which will be posted on the day of the session. Registration is not required for the webinars, and any specific questions you would like a webinar to address may be submitted via e-mail to Tania.Mendoza@illinois.gov prior to the session.
Virtual Commission Meeting Thursday, April 15 – Executive Briefing Tuesday, April 20
Sent to Financial Aid Directors and Financial Aid Administrators on April 13, 2021.
The next regular meeting of the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) will be conducted via videoconference and will begin at 1 p.m. on Thursday, April 15.
Some of the items on the tentative agenda for the meeting are:
- State legislative update
- Proposed administrative program rules amendments
- FAFSA Simplification Act
- College Illinois!® Prepaid Tuition Program investment and program updates
The Agenda Book, providing the complete listing of agenda items, is posted on the 2021 Agenda Books page. Instructions for connection to the meeting via WebEx, including the WebEx link, are available on the Commission Meeting Schedule page. Both pages are located within the ISAC's Governing Board: The Commission section of the About ISAC area of isac.org. The online Agenda Book will be updated within 1-2 days following the meeting to reflect action taken.
Virtual Executive Briefing – Tuesday, April 20
A virtual executive briefing, also via WebEx, is scheduled for Tuesday, April 20 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. for institutional financial aid staff. Executive Director Eric Zarnikow and ISAC staff will provide information about activity that took place at the Commission meeting and other ISAC updates.
- Access this link: https://illinois.webex.com/join/carol.cook
- When prompted, enter the meeting number 806 754 783
For the audio portion, click on the Audio tab at the top of the page and select one of the available options:
- For toll-free participation, select the "Call me" option, enter your phone number, and you will be called. (This is the recommended option.)
- For "Use computer audio" you will need to have a microphone to be able to interact during the briefing. Without a microphone, you will be in listen-only mode.
- The "Call in" option is not a toll-free number, however, if you are not able to participate through the provided link and the "Call me" option, but would like to participate only by phone, you can use this toll number: +1-415-655-0002 (USA Toll) and access code 806 754 783.
March 2021 Electronic ISAC Update
Sent on April 1, 2021.
The March 2021 edition of the ISAC Update is now available for your review, and may be accessed via the Partner e-Messages & Newsletters section of the e-Library for Partners at isac.org. This version of the electronic ISAC Update is a compilation of e-Messages sent to financial aid administrators and business officers via ISAC's e-Messaging service over the past month.
Topics covered in the March 2021 ISAC Update include:
- ISAC Sessions During 2021 ILASFAA Virtual Conference
(sent March 18, 2021)
- Second Limited Release of 2020-21 MAP Suspense – Submit Claims for All Terms by May 7
(sent March 15, 2021)
- Submit Your Session Proposal Today
(sent March 9, 2021)
- Proposed Rules Amendments Published for Comment
(sent March 9, 2021)
- February 2021 Electronic ISAC Update
(sent March 1, 2021)