Call for Interest Session Proposals
CCE 2020: Be the Change
We hope you'll join us on Thursday, July 9, 2020 at the tenth annual College Changes Everything® (CCE) Conference – the state's preeminent annual college access and success and career readiness event. This one-day conference focuses on effective practices and showcases the programs and services available to help with increasing college access and college completion for students in support of the state's Goal 2025 – to increase the proportion of adults in Illinois with high-quality degrees and credentials to 60% by the year 2025. For our state to reach this goal, stakeholders that make up all aspects of any student's community must work together to support and provide students with the knowledge and opportunities to be successful along the transitions from education to employment.
Call for Proposals: Due February 28, 2020 – Please Share Your Knowledge and Expertise
The Conference Planning Committee is making a call for interest session proposals for the 2020 conference. We encourage you to help make this conference a valuable professional development experience by sharing with your colleagues your best practices, perspectives, and knowledge. The online session proposal form is available on the conference website.
As the conference draws a broad group of professionals and stakeholders, we welcome proposals that cover a wide range of topics related to college access and completion and career readiness. Such topics might include, but are not limited to: college and career readiness; student retention, persistence, and completion; programs and services for underrepresented students; educational equity; career and technical education; partnerships; career development experiences; education, business, and the economy; college costs, financial aid, and affordability; and community stakeholder engagement.
Each session should provide in-depth information, practical ideas, and best practices for the audience and demonstrate positive steps taken and lessons learned. Conference attendees appreciate the opportunity to hear from the students being served by the program(s) and/or service(s) included in a session. To that end, we encourage you to include students in your sessions when possible.
- Deadline – Priority consideration will be given to completed session proposal forms submitted by Friday, February 28, 2020.
- Non-Commercial Policy – Please note that sessions are to be non-commercial forums. Individuals should refrain from using brand names or endorsing specific products. Sessions are not to be used as a place for direct promotion of products and services.
- Conference Registration – Presenters are to register for the conference, and the registration fee is $40.00. Conference registration will open later this spring.
- Presenter Compensation – The College Changes Everything® Conference does not provide any compensation for individuals accepted to serve as conference interest session presenters. This includes compensation for travel-related expenses and hotel accommodations.
A key strength of the conference is its bringing together a diverse audience from across the state to focus on educational opportunity and student success: college access practitioners; high school leaders, counselors, and case managers; college and university leaders and administrators; employers and workforce development professionals; and policymakers and elected officials interested in higher education and career readiness. The conference also serves as an opportunity for stakeholders to improve their practice of collaboration and collective leadership as we work toward the state's goal.
The conference will take place at the Tinley Park Convention Center, Tinley Park, Illinois.
Please share this information with colleagues in your organization and other partners.
2020 College Changes Everything Conference Planning Committee
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Illinois Community College Board
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois College Access Network
- Federation of Independent Illinois Colleges and Universities
- Advance Illinois
- Center for the Study of Education Policy at Illinois State University
- Education Systems Center at Northern Illinois University
- Generations Serving Generations
- ACT Now
- Women Employed
by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
of adults in Illinois with high-quality college degrees and
postsecondary credentials to 60% by the year 2025
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for Lenders.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's Lender Services Department by calling toll free at 800.477.4411 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.