JB Pritzker, Governor, State of Illinois

Refunds and Unpaid Claims

Upon receipt of disbursements, schools must verify each recipient’s enrollment status for the term for which payment was made. When it is becomes necessary for schools to return scholarship and grant program funds to ISAC, it must be done in a timely manner. A Gift Assistance Refund Check Form must also be completed and submitted along with the payment.

In regard to unpaid claims, schools or students can seek recourse at the end of the year through the Court of Claims. Appropriate documentation must accompany all claim forms. All correspondence must be written, and filing a claim does not guarantee payment. As of July 1, 2000, there is a two-year time limit to file Court of Claims.