SETTW Tuition Waiver Process
The SETTW Verification Roster is used to verify enrollment and program eligibility for each student applicant. A cover letter that explains due dates for roster information and reminders of important program information arrives with the roster.
Students listed on the Verification roster are assumed to be eligible for an SETTW award unless the institution indicates that the student is ineligible by entering a disqualification code in the appropriate column or indicates that the student transferred to a different school. Students who applied for the Minority Teacher of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship Program are identified to warn schools of a potential conflicting scholarship.
If a student is ineligible to receive an SETTW award, one of the following disqualification codes (also listed in the Verification Roster Instructions) should be entered in the Disqualified Code column:
- The recipient did not enroll within 10 days after the beginning of the term for which ISAC initially awarded the waiver.
- The recipient is enrolled at this school, but is not seeking an initial Special Education Teacher Certification.
- The recipient transferred to another eligible school.
- The recipient accepted the Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship rather than SETTW.
- The recipient declined the tuition waiver.
- The recipient is not an Illinois resident.
- The recipient is not a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen.
- The recipient is not making satisfactory academic progress.
The SETTW Verification Roster Certification Form must also be completed and returned by an official at the institution with the SETTW Verification Roster to ISAC.
If a qualified applicant is eligible for both a tuition waiver and grant assistance under the Monetary Award Program (MAP) grant, the SETTW award must be used first.