TESP Enrollment Status Verification
TESP Enrollment Status Verification Overview
Navigation and Page Display
TESP Enrollment Status Verification & TWCF Entry Procedures
Print or Save a Roster
Revisions to a TESP Enrollment Status Verification
Roster Due Date
Exit TESP Enrollment Status Verification
Each year, colleges are required to verify the enrollment statuses for recipients in the programs with teaching requirements/practice agreements. ISAC monitors recipients’ fulfillment of the program requirements for:
- Illinois Optometric Education Scholarship (IOESP)
- Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship
- Special Education Teacher Tuition Waiver (SETTW)
If the recipient fails to comply with/meet the teaching requirement/practice agreement, the scholarship converts to a loan. The scholarship program award received must be repaid, prorated according to the fraction of the requirement not completed, plus any reasonable collection costs.
The TESP Enrollment Status Verification rosters must be completed online at My Zone, replacing the paper process, with a secure, electronic method of transmitting data. My Zone is available each Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. (CT).
For details about the teaching requirement/practice agreement, extensions and deferments and repayment, see the Program Requirement section in the Gift Assistance area for each of the programs listed above.
Follow the instructions on Assigning an Administrator to add a My Zone Administrator (two administrators at a school are recommended) or add new users. The system administrator must add “Enrollment Status Access” to their account before they can add access for other users.
Program access can be added or changed for existing users on My Zone by selecting My Zone User Maintenance from the My Zone Program Selection Screen. Add, view or update access to Enrollment Status Verification rosters in a column entitled “Enrollment Status Access” on the My Zone User Maintenance: View Users screen.
The page display for the TESP Enrollment Status Verification rosters, consistent between all My Zone screens, is as follows:
- Number of rows on each page is defaulted to a minimum of 20.
- The rows per page can be increased by changing the Rows per page setting in the bottom right corner of the screen. The rows per page can be increased in increments of 10 up to a maximum of 100.
- The functions at the bottom of a page that allow a user to change pages and increase the number of rows that are displayed will be grayed out until there are more than 20 rows on a page.
- The number of rows to be displayed should be changed before any data is entered. If the number of rows needs to be changed after payment claim information has been entered, select the <Save> option before increasing or decreasing the number of rows or the screen will reset and all entry will be zeroed out.
- Rows will not wrap to the next line. Consequently, depending on the setting for the desktop (PC) screen area display (e.g., 640X480 pixels), the scroll bar that appears at the bottom of the screen may need to be used in order to view all data.
- The number of pages displays at the bottom of the screen. e.g., 1-20 (of 100).
- Rolling page numbers will display at the bottom of the screen e.g., 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
- Links to First Page, Next Page, Prev Page and Last Page display at the bottom of the screen.
TESP Enrollment Status Verification Roster and SETTW Tuition Waiver Conversion Form (TWCF) Entry Procedures
The college must verify that students who were previously awarded in one of the programs listed above were enrolled during the academic year. A TWCF is required for SETTW recipients who are no longer enrolled in school.
The roster that initially displays on the Enrollment Status Verification screen is the IOESP roster. Only students with an “In-School” status (“I”), sorted in ascending Social Security Number (SSN) order, are included on the roster. The remaining programs are listed alphabetically in the Program Type drop-down box (IOESP, MTI, and SETTW).
Refer to the Enrollment Status Verification Quick Reference Guide for a list of the fields that display on the Enrollment Status Verification screen and the SETTW Tuition Waiver Conversion Form (TWCF) screen. In addition, the reference guide includes field descriptions, data entry rules and steps to complete and submit rosters and TWCFs to ISAC.
To print a TESP Enrollment Status Verification Roster, select the <Print Roster> button at the bottom of the screen. A dialog box will display with options to print, save or cancel.
To print and/or save the roster in a Portable Document File (PDF) format, select one of these options:
- To print the roster, press the <Print Roster> button to open a dialog box. Select the printer icon from the tool bar then print after setting the appropriate properties. The Cntl-P combination or right-clicking and then selecting <print> are other print options. The report will print as a PDF file.
- To save the roster, press the <Print Roster> button to open a dialog box. Select the diskette icon from the tool bar. Select a folder, enter a File Name and press <Save>. The report will save with a .pdf extension.
The TESP Enrollment Status Verification Roster prints in a landscape orientation. Close the dialog box to return to the TESP Enrollment Status Verification Roster screen.
The printed version of the roster is formatted similarly to the screen display. The printed version includes the Illinois Student Assistance Commission name and address, document title, program name and roster date in the header. The submit date will display on the report when the roster has been submitted to ISAC. Students on the report are listed in SSN order. The total number of students on the roster displays at the bottom of the report.
The information on the Enrollment Status Verification and the TWC Form screens is available to be updated only if the roster has not yet been submitted to ISAC. Online revisions can be made only before an Enrollment Status Verification roster and SETTW TWCF are submitted. If information was submitted on a prior year’s TWCF for a student who is still listed on the current roster, the data from the prior year is retained on the TWCF screen but cannot be edited online by the college. Contact ISAC for changes that need to be made after a request has been submitted.
Enrollment Status Verification Rosters must be submitted electronically within 45 calendar days after the rosters are available at My Zone (date on roster).
- To exit the Enrollment Status Verification Roster screen, click on the close (X) button located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to return to the My Zone TESP Program Selection screen.
- Select another TESP function or <Logoff> of My Zone.
- Users must log on to My Zone again to select a different program from the My Zone Program Selection screen.