Increasing Shared Commitment through the Illinois Postsecondary and Career Expectations (PaCE) Framework
Mark your calendars for ISAC’s first annual Illinois Postsecondary and Career Expectations (PaCE) Symposium taking place on Thursday, April 21, 2022 in partnership with Elgin Community College. We are pleased to share that this event will be in-person* at Elgin Community College! An agenda and registration information will be available on this webpage in early 2022, so check back soon!
July 2022 will mark the sixth year since the Illinois PaCE Framework was adopted by the state’s education agencies. The Illinois PaCE Framework offers schools a tool for structuring their college and career readiness efforts to ensure that students have the information needed to make more informed decisions about life after high school.
The PaCE Symposium will bring people together from across Illinois to share unique knowledge and skills in collaborating and advancing postsecondary and career readiness efforts through the Illinois PaCE Framework. During the symposium, presenters will showcase PaCE implementation efforts and share their experiences and insight on how PaCE has strengthened postsecondary and career readiness in their schools.
- Learn what PaCE is and how it can strengthen postsecondary readiness efforts
- Meet educators who have implemented PaCE efforts in their school
- Share PaCE implementation efforts that support students in becoming college and career ready
- Learn about the latest state initiatives in advancing PaCE
Call for Proposals
ISAC is making a call for proposals for the 2022 PaCE Symposium. Practitioners are encouraged to share their experiences and resources at the PaCE Symposium by submitting a session proposal. Help make this symposium a valuable professional development experience by sharing your knowledge, your enthusiasm, and your questions with colleagues from all over the state.
Sessions should provide in-depth information, practical ideas, and specific strategies for the audience that demonstrate and promote steps taken to address the implementation of the PaCE Framework. We encourage you to share specific lessons learned and best practices in implementing the PaCE Framework. Each session will be 50 minutes long. Please share this call for proposals and the session proposal form with your colleagues.
We are seeking to cover a wide range of themes related to the PaCE Framework. Proposals might cover topics such as, but not limited to:
- How your school created a PaCE Framework
- How your school executes activities to help meet the benchmarks in the PaCE Framework
- How does your school/district organize the work in relation to the PaCE Framework
- Ways the PaCE Framework has helped your community in supporting students on postsecondary and career readiness
- PaCE benchmark initiatives your school is excited to showcase around any of the three domains: Financial Aid and Literacy, Career Exploration and Development, and Postsecondary Education, Exploration, Preparation, and Selection
Deadline – Completed session proposal form needs to be submitted to ISAC by Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
Non-Commercial Policy – Please note that sessions are to be non-commercial forums. Individuals should refrain from using brand names or endorsing specific products. Sessions are not to be used as a place for direct promotion of a product or service.
Presenter Compensation – The PaCE Symposium does not provide compensation nor pay travel/hotel expenses for conference presenters.
For questions about the PaCE Symposium, contact email@example.com.
*ISAC is continuing to monitor the status of the spread of COVID-19 in Illinois. In accordance with state COVID-19 policies, all in-person conference attendees will be asked to wear a mask or face covering at all times while indoors. Hand sanitizer and masks will be readily available throughout the entirety of the conference. Please follow local guidelines regarding travel and maintain a physical distance between other conference participants.