Making an Informed College Choice
You’ve done your homework, applied to colleges and may have received at least one financial aid award letter. Congratulations on all your hard work . . . you are on your way to college and a career!
But you might still have plenty of questions—you may have several options on where to attend school and want to be sure you make the right choice; you need help deciphering your financial aid award letters; you aren’t sure what you need to do now to accept an offer of admission; you might need on-campus housing—to name a few. Making a big and important transition in your life can feel overwhelming and downright scary—ISAC can help.
Get one-on-one help from the ISACorps
Your regional ISACorps member can provide the counseling and support you need to make an informed college selection:
- Review college options and award letters to help you make an informed decision about where to attend school
- Assist with the financial aid verification process to ensure that you receive the correct amount of financial aid
- Review and explain the various student loan options available to students and their families
- Assist you in the process of accepting an offer of admission and submitting necessary paperwork for housing, orientation, placement testing, and more
- Provide support and mentoring through the summer before college to help ease the transition
Contact your ISACorps member for help!
Online Resources to help you make an informed decision and a successful transition to college
- Check out our online Financial Aid Award Comparison Worksheet to generate a side-by-side comparison of the financial aid offers you have received.
- Download the Spanish version (PDF)
- Download the Polish version (PDF)
- If your financial aid package contains a student loan, do your homework to learn about the different programs and how they work.