To be eligible, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen or meet the “undocumented student” criteria of the RISE Act
- hold a valid Illinois clinical social work license or social work license
- have obtained a master’s degree in social work from an approved program
- take courses to obtain an Illinois Professional Educator License with an Endorsement in School Social Work
- enroll or be accepted for enrollment, and remain continuously enrolled on a full- or part-time basis (at least 3 hours), at the University of Illinois, Southern Illinois University, Chicago State University, Eastern Illinois University, Governors State University, Illinois State University, Northeastern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University or Western Illinois University
- maintain satisfactory academic progress, as determined by your college
- establish satisfactory repayment arrangements if you are in default on any federal student loan.