Increasing Shared Commitment through the Illinois Postsecondary and Career Expectations (PaCE) Framework
Save the Date and Call for Proposals
Mark your calendars for ISAC's first annual Illinois Postsecondary and Career Expectations (PaCE) Symposium, which will take place on Thursday, April 21, 2022 in partnership with Elgin Community College. We are pleased to share that this event will be in-person at Elgin Community College! An agenda and registration information will be available in early 2022.
The PaCE Symposium will bring people from across the state of Illinois to share unique knowledge and skills in collaborating and advancing postsecondary and career readiness efforts through the Illinois PaCE Framework. During the symposium, presenters will showcase PaCE implementation efforts and share their experiences and wisdom on how PaCE has strengthened postsecondary and career readiness in their schools.
- Learn what PaCE is and how it can strengthen postsecondary readiness efforts
- Meet educators who have implemented PaCE efforts in their school
- Share PaCE implementation efforts that support students in becoming college and career ready
- Learn about the latest state initiatives in advancing PaCE
Call for Proposals
ISAC is making a call for proposals for the 2022 PaCE Symposium. Practitioners are encouraged to share their experiences and resources at the PaCE Symposium by submitting a session proposal. Help make this symposium a valuable professional development experience by sharing your knowledge, your enthusiasm, and your questions with colleagues from all over the state.
Sessions should provide in-depth information, practical ideas, and specific strategies for the audience that demonstrates and promotes steps taken to address the implementation of the PaCE Framework. Practitioners are also encouraged to share specific lessons learned and best practices on implementing the PaCE Framework. Each session will be 50 minutes long. Please share this call for proposals and the session proposal form with your colleagues.
We are encouraging proposals that cover a wide range of themes related to the PaCE Framework such as, but not limited to:
- How your school created a PaCE Framework
- How your school executes activities to help meet the benchmarks in the PaCE Framework
- How your school/district organizes the work in relation to the PaCE Framework
- How the PaCE Framework has helped your community in supporting students on postsecondary and career readiness
- Which PaCE benchmark initiatives your school is excited to showcase around any of the three domains: Career Exploration and Development, Financial Aid and Literacy, and Postsecondary Education Exploration, Preparation, and Selection
Deadline – Completed session proposal forms need to be submitted to ISAC by Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
Non-Commercial Policy – Please note that sessions are to be non-commercial forums. Individuals should refrain from using brand names or endorsing specific products. Sessions are not to be used as a place for direct promotion of a product or service.
Presenter Compensation – The PaCE Symposium does not provide any compensation for individuals accepted to serve as conference presenters. This includes compensation for travel-related expenses and hotel accommodations.
Hosted in partnership with:
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for Counselors.