2021-22 Golden Apple Eligibility Data
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
Student Records Available to View in the Golden Apple System
Effective immediately, colleges may view a listing of their institution's potential 2021-22 Golden Apple Scholars, as reported by the Golden Apple Foundation, via the "Student List Eligibility: View" screen within the Golden Apple system.
Effective with 2021-22 Golden Apple processing, a "Student List Eligibility: View" screen column has been renamed from "Academic Level" to "Year in Program." This field represents the number of years that a student has been a Golden Apple Scholar (for example, records for Scholars receiving their first award this year will have a value of "1" in the "Year in Program" field). Each recipient's maximum annual award amount is based on the number of years that they have been a Golden Apple Scholar, rather than their academic level in college.
Values that the Golden Apple Foundation may provide for the "Year in Program" field are as follows:
1 = 1st year as a Golden Apple Scholar
2 = 2nd year as a Golden Apple Scholar
3 = 3rd year as a Golden Apple Scholar
4 = 4th year as a Golden Apple Scholar
5 = 5th year as a Golden Apple Scholar
When payment processing begins later this month, a new "Academic Level" field on the "Payment Requests" screen will be available for colleges to provide each Scholar's academic level (e.g., Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior).
The Golden Apple User Guide will soon be updated to reflect these changes.
- Student eligibility is certified by the Golden Apple Foundation, rather than by the college.
- Once a student has been certified as eligible by the Golden Apple Foundation, their award will immediately appear on the "Student List Eligibility: View" screen within the Golden Apple system.
- To assist colleges as they administer the Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program on their campuses, "Eligible Indicators" are available in the system.
- All users need a valid GAP Access ID and password to access the Golden Apple system.
- ISAC relies on a designated Primary Administrator (usually, the Financial Aid Director) at each institution to authorize users and provide them with the appropriate level of access for each ISAC program, including Golden Apple.
- Further details may be found in the GAP Access User Guides, and questions may be directed to ISAC's School Services Department.
Resources Available Online
Watch for Future Updates
Future updates – including details regarding payment processing for 2021-22 Golden Apple Scholars (which is anticipated to take place by the end of September) – will be shared via the usual means of communication (i.e., the FAA Message Board, the Golden Apple Program News page, and/or ISAC's e-Messaging system).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.