Submit 2023-24 MTI Certification Data
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance (ISAC) website (isac.org).
The following provides important updates regarding the 2023-24 Minority Teachers of Illinois (MTI) Scholarship Program.
2023-24 Certification Data Being Accepted
Effective Monday, July 10, 2023, colleges may certify eligibility for the 2023-24 MTI Scholarship Program using the MTI system.
There have been no functional or operational changes made with the 2023-24 MTI Scholarship certification process.
- Colleges are encouraged to continue certifying eligibility for MTI Scholars on a daily basis throughout the year, to ensure that your students will be included in the awarding process.
- Separate notification will not be sent when new records are made available in the MTI system.
- The schedule for awarding 2023-24 MTI Scholars will be announced once determined.
- All certification records available in the MTI system must be completed, regardless of whether the college certifies a student as eligible or ineligible and regardless of whether the student is currently enrolled.
- The only way applicants will receive notification from ISAC regarding their eligibility status is if their colleges have submitted the certification data via the MTI system.
- The MTI system is available each day from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. (CT).
Applications Still Being Accepted
The 2023-24 MTI Scholarship Program application continues to be accepted, even though the March 31, 2023 priority consideration date has passed. Complete applications – including the 2023-24 FAFSA (or Alternative Application, if applicable) – received after this date will continue to be considered for the MTI Scholarship Program for as long as funding remains after all timely complete applicants have been awarded. All minority students and qualified bilingual minority applicants who meet the program's eligibility requirements should be encouraged to complete and submit their applications as soon as possible.
Watch for future updates regarding the 2023-24 MTI Scholarship Program – including information about payment processing, once available – via our usual methods of communication (including the MTI Program News area, the FAA Message Board, and ISAC's e-Messaging service).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.