JB Pritzker, Governor, State of Illinois
Skip to Content
Delivery Process and Timeframes
April - Early November
- High schools counselors can choose between two methods via the GAP Access portal to provide the required sixth semester data (class size and unweighted class rank and GPA) to ISAC.
- Test scores are gathered from testing companies for the ACT and SAT exams taken during the student's third and fourth semester prior to graduation.
- ISAC sends Congratulatory letters to students after each round of announcement.
- Certificates of Achievement are sent to high schools (that do not choose to print their own) after the final announcement Illinois State Scholars is made.
- An online listing of Illinois State Scholars finalists, displayed alphabetically by high school, within the school's Illinois county, is available at ISAC's website.
- The deadline to appeal a student's State Scholar status is usually at the end of January.