Delivery Process and Timeframes
Note: Due to the postponement of the spring 2020 entrance exams, the State Scholar announcement schedule will be moved to later in the academic year than would normally occur. High schools will be notified of the schedule changes as they occur throughout the 2021-22 processing cycle.
April - Early November
- High schools counselors can choose between two methods via the GAP Access portal to provide the required sixth semester data (class size and unweighted class rank and GPA) to ISAC.
- Test scores are gathered from testing companies for the ACT and SAT exams taken during the student's third and fourth semester prior to graduation.
- ISAC sends Congratulatory letters to students after each round of announcement.
- Certificates of Achievement are sent to high schools (that do not choose to print their own) after the final announcement Illinois State Scholars is made.
- An online listing of Illinois State Scholars finalists, displayed alphabetically by high school, within the school's Illinois county, is available at ISAC's website.
- The deadline to appeal a student's State Scholar status is usually at the end of January.