Skip to Content
Bruce Rauner, Governor, State of Illinois
Annual Application Procedures
- The applicant must apply to ISAC for these educational benefits and must complete all requested information on this application. Additional documentation is not required and, if received, will not be returned to the applicant.
In order to receive benefits, an application must be submitted for each academic year, which begins with the fall term and concludes the following summer term. No payments will be made on behalf of any eligible student unless a current and complete application has been submitted.
- Applications received by ISAC after the deadline dates will be processed only for subsequent terms, with June 15, 2017 as the final date of acceptance for the summer term of the 2016-17 academic year. [See Deadline Dates link on the right side panel.]
- Applicants who submit a paper application and do not provide all requested information will be sent a “Notice of Incomplete Application.” ISAC must receive the required information before processing can continue.
- Qualified applicants will receive an eligibility letter from ISAC for the specific terms of eligibility during each academic year following the submission of the application. If required by the college, a qualified applicant should present his/her eligibility letter to the college financial aid office as soon as he/she receives it. The college also has deadlines for requesting payment on a student's behalf. Failure to present the eligibility letter and/or to notify ISAC of a college choice change, as required, may result in the loss of benefits.
- Ineligible applicants will receive written notification from ISAC of their ineligibility to receive program benefits.
- Payments are made to only one college per term. If the applicant enrolls at a second college for the same term, he/she must arrange for payment through the college of record. However, the college of record is not required to bill ISAC for charges incurred at another college.
- For 2016-17 academic year processing, ISAC accepts applications beginning in May 2016. Allow at least four weeks for the processing of this application. Visit the ISAC website at isac.org for processing updates or call ISAC at 800.899.ISAC (4722).