2023-24 NES Awards Announced
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) website (isac.org).
2023-24 Nursing Education Scholarships (NES) have been announced. All renewal applicants who have been certified as eligible by their college received priority consideration, followed by eligible new applicants.
Further information regarding the priority order used for determining 2023-24 NES awards, as well as how award amounts are established, is provided on the Award Determination for Nursing Education Scholarships page (located within the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area).
Award notifications will be mailed to awarded students by ISAC today (November 29, 2023).
Resources regarding the awarding process may be accessed via the NES Electronic Processing area, as well as on the Award Determination for Nursing Education Scholarships page.
Reminder: Upcoming Changes Related to Payment
As originally shared in a September 21 e-Message, the following changes will be in effect when 2023-24 NES payment processing functionality becomes available (anticipated by mid-December):
- Awarded living allowance funds that had been disbursed directly to students as a "stipend" in the 2022-23 and earlier academic years will now be included in the scholarship amount requested by and paid to the college (i.e., NES awards will no longer have a stipend component).
- If the recipient is enrolled, the institution may credit the scholarship funds to the recipient's account for expenses due and payable.
- If appropriate, any balance is to be returned to the recipient.
- Funds resulting from each payment request submitted via the NESP system will be delivered to the college in a lump sum (either electronically or as a check, depending on how the college has set up their payments), rather than as individual checks for each student that are co-payable to the student and school.
- Payment Offset and Reconciliation procedures now apply to Nursing Education Scholarships.
- Refund checks should not be sent for cancellations/adjustments made throughout the award year.
- Funds should only be returned to ISAC after a final reconciliation has been completed at the end of the regular school year.
The NES User Guide will be updated to reflect the 2023-24 payment process.
Watch for Updates
Program updates – including the start of the 2023-24 NES payment cycle (which will be processed by term, with the ability for colleges to submit payment requests for the fall term anticipated by mid-December) – will be announced via our usual means of communication: the FAA Message Board, the NES Program News page, and/or this e-Messaging system.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.