2022-23 MAP Start-up Implementation
2022-23 Monetary Award Program (MAP) data – reflecting the start-up formula that was approved at the September 16, 2021 Commission meeting – are anticipated to be available to access via the MAP system effective tomorrow morning (Friday, October 8, 2021). As of tomorrow, all 2022-23 Institutional Student Information Records (ISIRs) and Alternative Application Student Records received by ISAC through (including) today (Thursday, October 7, 2021) will be available with their accompanying eligibility status information. Daily processing of 2022-23 ISIR, Alternative Application, and eligibility status information will commence tomorrow.
- Following the 2021-22 MAP recompute formula, the 2022-23 start-up formula:
- uses a living allowance of $5,020; and,
- has a maximum annual award amount of $5,496.
- The MAP system works best using Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher.
- The ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal, which includes the MAP system, is available each day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT).
More Information Available Online
- The MAP section within the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area reflects the 2022-23 start-up formula, including the 2022-23 Hand Calculation Forms – Start-up document.
- 2022-23 MAP 160 Byte File Layout Specifications and 2022-23 Alternative Application Student Record School File Layout Specifications may be accessed via the Electronic Tools area of the e-Library for Partners.
- Be sure to regularly visit the FAA Message Board and the MAP Program News page for new updates, and watch for future e-Messages from ISAC.
Notification to Applicants
- Colleges are required to announce MAP awards to eligible students enrolled at their institutions.
- Refer to the MAP Award Announcements page for details regarding college requirements, as well as a sample of the required 2022-23 school-issued award notification language.
- ISAC will mail letters only to students who are in a default status on an ISAC-guaranteed student loan.
- A copy of the Default Resolution Options document, outlining how to regain federal and state student aid eligibility, is enclosed with each Default Status notification.
- Notifications are dated and mailed after ISAC processes ISIRs and Alternative Application Student Records.
- Given the likelihood that 2022-23 MAP award announcements will need to be suspended at some point during the processing cycle, it is recommended that colleges remind students to submit the 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) or Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid – which both became available on October 1 – as soon as possible.
- The 2022-23 priority deadline date for returning MAP recipients – the date on or before which eligible students who received MAP funds during the 2021-22 academic year must submit the 2022-23 FAFSA or Alternative Application in order to receive priority access to appropriated MAP funds – is Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
- Encourage your students to visit the ISAC Student Portal to access these helpful resources:
- MAP Estimator (located in the Toolbox area) – students planning to attend an Illinois college may use this tool to get an idea of their eligibility for the MAP grant,
- MAP Paid Credit Hours Display (located in the Program Applications & Status Checks area) – MAP grant recipients may use this option to track the number of MAP Paid Credit Hours they have used to date, and
- Student Resources Beyond Financial Aid (located in the Resources area) – students can find resources for food (including listings of Illinois food pantries on or near college campuses, as well as across the state), housing, medical care, child and dependent care assistance and consideration because of special circumstances.
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.