Mark your calendars for the 3rd annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) Symposium taking place on Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 from 9:00am-3:00pm. The event is FREE of charge and will take place virtually.
The FAFSA Symposium provides an opportunity for schools to share best practices for supporting students in completing the FAFSA and the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid. Topics covered in this year’s symposium will address the following themes:
- Navigating financial aid application completion amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
- Collaborating and leveraging partnerships to improve financial aid application completion
- Targeting support for high-need student populations
- Innovative strategies for increasing financial aid application completion
- Incorporating the family in the financial aid process: strategies for parent outreach
- Resources to support financial aid application completion
This event will provide practitioners the opportunity to strengthen student support around financial aid application completion and highlight FAFSA completion efforts across the state. A symposium agenda and registration information will be available early this fall here on the FAFSA Symposium website.