Update: 2023-24 ISAC Gift Assistance Programs
Unless otherwise noted, links in this message are to corresponding pages at the Illinois Student Assistance (ISAC) website (isac.org).
ING Grant Interactive Application Available at Student Portal
- Effective today (Friday, June 16, 2023), the interactive application for the 2023-24 Illinois National Guard (ING) Grant Program is available for students to complete and submit online via the Program Applications & Status Checks area of the ISAC Student Portal.
- Eligible students may use the 2023-24 application to apply for the fall 2023, spring 2024 and summer 2024 terms.
- Starting with the 2023-24 academic year:
- there are no longer priority consideration dates by which ING Grant applications must be submitted each term – rather, ING Grant applications must be received by ISAC in time for eligibility to be determined and the applicant to then notify the college about their eligibility no later than the last scheduled day of classes for the first term for which benefits have been requested; and,
- applicants must have a profile in the ISAC Student Portal in order to complete and submit the ING Grant interactive application (applicants cannot access the application as "guests").
ING Grant Eligibility Data Available
2023-24 ING Grant eligibility data is now available via the ING Grant system.
- The ING Grant eligibility data includes information for each applicant who has applied for the ING Grant with your institution listed as the college of record, and for whom the Department of Military Affairs in Illinois (DMAIL) has confirmed eligibility as of the "Certified Eligible" date.
- Specific details regarding the ING Grant system, including important reminders and guidelines, are provided at the ING Grant Electronic Processing page.
- The ING Grant system is available each day from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. (CT).
Reminder: Continue to Submit 2022-23 Benefit Usage Data
In order to ensure that students' accounts reflect accurate data, colleges should report 2022-23 Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) and ING Grant benefits used for all current and prior terms as soon as possible.
- Summer-term benefit usage data for the 2022-23 ING Grant Program is due no later than the July 1, 2023 final close-out date.
- Colleges are still encouraged to submit prior-term IVG and ING Grant benefit usage data (i.e., the summer 2022, fall 2022 and spring 2023 terms for IVG, and the fall 2022 and spring 2023 terms for the ING Grant), even though the reporting deadlines for those terms have passed.
Report enrollment hours and benefit dollar amounts for initial, in-district and out-of-district requests, as well as adjustments to previously-submitted data, via the IVG system and the ING Grant system.
Grant Programs for Dependents of Police, Fire, and Correctional Officers Application
The application for the 2023-24 Grant Programs for Dependents of Police, Fire, and Correctional Officers (PFC) is available for students to access via the Applications page of the Students & Parents area. In order to receive full-year consideration, a complete 2023-24 application must be received by ISAC on or before October 1, 2023.
Watch for future updates regarding ISAC gift assistance programs via our usual methods of communication (including the "Program News" pages within the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs area, the FAA Message Board, and ISAC's e-Messaging service).
You are receiving this message because you registered for ISAC's e-Messaging service through one or more subscription groups for FAAs.
If you have any questions regarding this e-Message, please contact ISAC's School Services Department by calling toll free at 866.247.2172 or sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.