National Student Clearinghouse
The National Student Clearinghouse, a non-profit organization founded by the higher education community, streamlines the student record verification process for colleges and universities, students and alumni, lending institutions, employers, and other organizations. The Clearinghouse maintains a comprehensive electronic registry of student records that provides a single, automated point-of-contact for organizations and individuals requiring timely, accurate verification of student enrollment, degree, and loan data. More than 3,300 colleges, representing 96% of the nation's enrollment, participate in the Clearinghouse.
Student enrollment status reporting is an important part of student loan servicing since lenders and/or servicers rely on this information to properly track the status of borrowers’ enrollment when servicing Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) loans. The Clearinghouse's Total Enrollment Reporting Process (TERP) centralizes enrollment reporting, creating a single and reliable source for student enrollment information.
Participating in the Clearinghouse provides school officials with access to the following full range of services:
- Enrollment Reporting Provides enrollment verifications and deferments for financial aid students to lending organizations and NSLDS.
- DegreeVerify Frees registrar staff from manually verifying degrees for graduates to employers, background search firms, and recruiters.
- EnrollmentVerify Enables school staff to fully outsource requests for enrollment verifications using data already provided to the Clearinghouse.
- StudentTracker Allows access to the Clearinghouse database of more than 80 million current and former students to improve the college's educational research results and recruiting efforts.
- Student Self-Service Allows students to print enrollment certificates and view their enrollment histories and verifications via the Web.
For more information, contact the National Student Clearinghouse at 703.742.7791 or email@example.com.