Enrollment Status Verification
NOTE: The below information reflects reporting of enrollment status verification data for the 2022-23 academic year. This page will be updated once data is being accepted for the 2023-24 academic year (anticipated for the fall of 2024).
At the end of each academic year, colleges are required to verify the enrollment statuses for MTI and SETTW recipients by submitting Enrollment Status Verification data to ISAC. The functionality for reporting enrollment status data for students who previously received funds from ISAC-administered teacher programs is performed through the ISAC Gift Assistance Programs (GAP) Access portal.
ISAC monitors recipients’ fulfillment of the program requirements because, if recipients fail to meet the applicable requirements, their scholarships convert to loans that must be repaid. Knowing recipients’ enrollment status, as reported by the colleges, allows ISAC to communicate with recipients who have graduated (or otherwise stopped attending college) regarding the steps they need to take in order to fulfill their teaching requirements.
Refer to the Enrollment Status Verification for the Teacher Programs User Guide for step-by-step instructions on completing and submitting enrollment status data to ISAC. Details about the teaching requirement, extensions, deferments and repayment are provided via the Program Requirements page in the Students & Parents – After College area of this website.
GAP Access User Guides provide institutions with step-by-step instructions for activating and monitoring user accounts. All users need a valid GAP Access ID and password to access the system. ISAC relies on a designated Primary Administrator (usually, the Financial Aid Director) at each institution to authorize users and provide them with the appropriate level of access for each ISAC program.
- Verification of award recipients' current enrollment status data is to be completed by the college and returned to ISAC in a timely manner. While all 2022-23 data was to be submitted on or before December 1, 2023, colleges are still encouraged to submit this data as soon as possible.
- Enrollment verification functionality for the teacher programs is available is available each day between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (CT)
- For the Illinois SETTW Program only:
- Colleges must submit Tuition Waiver Conversion (TWC) data for all SETTW recipients who are not enrolled or are no longer eligible to receive the waiver. Further instructions for submitting TWC data via the SETTW system are provided in the Enrollment Status Verification for the Teacher Programs User Guide.
- For the MTI Scholarship and Illinois SETTW programs:
- From the MTI or SETTW system "Home" page, select the prior academic year (in this case, "2022-2023") from the "Academic Year" drop-down menu, and then click on the "Enrollment Status Verification" tab.
- If the current academic year (in this case, "2023-2024") is selected, the "Enrollment Status Verification" screen will be blank.
- The reason the academic year must be selected for enrollment verification is that other functionalities (for example, certification and payment) also reside in the systems.
- Data should be reported based on each student's last date of enrollment in the required teaching program.
- If the "Enrollment Status" is anything other than "In School," the "Effective Date" also must be provided. A listing of valid "Enrollment Status" options may be found in the Enrollment Status Verification for the Teacher Programs User Guide.
- If the student remains enrolled in the required teaching program for 2023-2024, indicate such with the "In School" status; those students will continue to appear with future-year data.
- Enrollment status verification data is available to be updated only if the information has not yet been submitted to ISAC. Colleges must contact School Services for changes that need to be made after the data has been submitted.